I scream, you scream, we all scream for nice cream! When you go "nice," you never go back. It doesn't matter if you're not a full-time vegan-this will become your go-to dessert for every day of the week. With just five ingredients, it couldn't be any easier. Scoop it, spoon it, and love it up.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped out (see Note)
- 2 frozen bananas, peel left on (see page 99)
- 1 teaspoon granulated stevia
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- Crushed walnuts
1) Refrigerate the cans of coconut milk overnight. Open each can and scoop only the thick, white coconut cream into a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; discard the watery liquid left in the can or refrigerate it for another use (it's good for smoothies!). Whip the coconut cream using a handheld mixer or the stand mixer until it holds soft peaks.
2) In a food processor, combine 3 cups of the strawberries, vanilla, banana, stevia, and sea salt. Pulse until smooth.
3) Fold the strawberry mixture into the coconut whipped cream. Gently add the remaining sliced strawberries. Transfer the mixture to a lidded freezer-safe storage container and use the back of a spoon to level the top. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
4) Scoop the mixture out with a spoon to "un-ice." (You can also transfer it to the food processor and pulse until smooth.) Return the mixture to the container, cover, and freeze until solid. The goal is to get the creamiest consistency possible.
5) When you're ready to eat, take the nice cream out and let it soften at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before scooping. Spoon into bowls, top as desired, and serve.
NOTE: The whole vanilla bean makes it extra special, but you
can use 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract instead.