Spring calls for a colorful absolutely DELICIOUS salad
- 4 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 1 recipe The Real Dish Dressing (p.26 in the book)
- 16 ounces or 3 (5 ounce) cans canned wild-caught tuna packed in water, drained
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill leaves only
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups assorted veggies (shredded carrots, baby heirloom or grape tomatoes, haricots verts, red and yellow bell peppers)
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas or cannellini beans (drained & rinsed, if canned)
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced into small chunks
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- Wash the ALL the vegetables with eatCleaner Fruit and Vegetable Wash and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with 2 tablespoons of the dressing to coat. Arrange the arugula on a large platter as a bed for the other ingredients.
- In the same bowl you used for the arugula, stir together the tuna, lemon juice, and dill, season with salt and black.
- Arrange the veggies, chickpeas, avocado, and grapes in individual rows alongside the tuna.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of dressing over the salad & enjoy!!
xx - Mareya