Are you looking for a quick and easy, yet impressive side dish or appetizer for your family during the holidays??? Try this… Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus…MMMM, MMMM, MMM!
Seriously, these babies are AMAZING, SO simple, and taste divine!! You are going to WOW your loved ones with these…
PROSCUITTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- 12-24 asparagus spears, trimmed and washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Veggie Wash
- 6 Prosciutto, sliced
- Coconut Oil for cooking with
- Cut 2 cm off the ends of each asparagus spear.
- Cut prosciutto strips into two halves, going lengthways, you should end up with 12 strips.
- Place each prosciutto strip on a cuttingboard at a 45 degree angle. Depending on if you want singles or bundles, place one two or three of the asparagus spears on top of the meat, perpendicular to it. The tip of the asparagus should be lined up with the bottom of the prosciutto strip.
- Wrap the bottom end of prosciutto over the asparagus and holding the meat tight, start rolling the asparagus up. The prosciutto strip shouldwrap around the whole length of the spear because it’s on an angle. Don’t worry if parts of the asparagus spears are not covered completely.
- Heat some coconut oilin a large, flat frying pan to hot. Cook wrapped asparagus spears for 1-2 minutes on each side or until prosciutto is brown and crispy.