I love a good shortcut.
I’m not too proud to say it, either! While I love making dishes from scratch, including the sauces, I like a break, too. Especially these days. After all, I’m feeding a full house of people (7 total) multiple meals a day, so I’ll take great shortcut anytime I can.
That’s what sane people too, agree?
There’s nothing I love more than finding a fantastic product that makes getting meals on the table simple, that fits our clean eating lifestyle, and that the whole family – including 6 always-hungry guys – can get behind and enjoy. That’s why discovering Kevin’s Naturals was such a win for me.
They’re paleo, keto-friendly, gluten-free sauces with low sugar are LEGIT delish, so they check all the boxes. I’ve tried 4 of them and they all passed the family test.
My husband, who claims he doesn’t like coconut in sauces, ate every bite of the Thai Coconut Sauce veggies and grilled chicken skewers I made one night and my son literally inhaled the Korean BBQ beef lettuce cups I made, before I could even get a bite.
5 teenagers…do the math!
These days, I’m eating more vegetarian meals because my body needs it. I know when it does and it’s feeling really good right now. But let’s agree, you need that hit of flavor to elevate the process. Hence the totally vegan, paleo-friendly and keto-friendly meal I created last night. Now, I know Tikka Masala is usually reserved for chicken, but I went the vegan route and it was INSANELY good. Chunks of tender purple eggplant, bright orange yams, orange fresh turmeric, red bell pepper and white onion bathed in that Kevin’s Tikka Masala Sauce on a bed of cauliflower rice cooked with Bok choy, garlic and chili oil hit the spot and warm the belly and soul on a cold winter night (yes, it dips below 55 here in SO Cal). Just watching that steam rise off the pan was comforting. The sauce has just the right flavor and rivals any Indian take-out I’ve had. Sauteing the veggies first in some coconut oil is definitely a must, especially for the eggplant, to give it nice texture and avoid any bitterness.
From beginning to end, it only took 25 minutes. So, getting dinner on the table in under 30 minutes mission accomplished. WINNER-WINNER CHICKEN-FREE DINNER!
Let me know if you try it by tagging @eatcleaner on the socials!
Eggplant and Yam Tikka Masala with Cauliflower Rice
Makes 4-6 Servings
Chef note: Wash all fresh produce with eatCleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash before cutting.
- 2 tablespoons pure coconut oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, halved and cut into slivers
- 2 cups yams, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cups eggplant, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1” fresh turmeric, grated
- 2 packages Kevin’s Naturals Tikka Masala Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower rice (I used a frozen package from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup Bok choy, finely chopped
- In a large skillet, cook coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add eggplant and cook for 3-4 minutes until evenly browned. Add yams, red bell pepper, turmeric and cook for another 3 minutes
- Add two packages of Kevin’s Naturals Tikka Masala Sauce to veggies and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10-12 minutes covered, until yams are tender.
- In a separate skill, saute garlic in chili oil or coconut oil with a pinch of chili flakes over low heat. Add cauliflower rice and saute for 5 minutes. Add Bok choy and saute another minute.
- Scoop cauliflower rice into a generous mound and top with Tikka Masala veggies. YUMMM!
Check out Kevin’s Naturals Sauces and follow them on social media for lots of clean eating inspo!