- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coconut amino acids or tamari
- 1 pound ground bison or grass-fed beef
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grilled onions
- Sliced tomato
- Quickles (page 76)
- Sliced avocado
- Feta cheese
- Yogurt sauce
1) Heat a grill to medium.
2) In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, onion, cilantro, and coconut aminos. Add the ground bison and mix with clean hands to combine. Add the coriander, cumin, salt, cayenne, and black pepper and mix until evenly distributed.
3) Form the meat mixture into 3½- to 4-inch patties, about ½ inch thick. Grill for 6 to 7 minutes on each side for a medium-well burger, or to your desired doneness.
4) Serve with the toppings of your choice. I like to serve the toppings set up in a little salad bar so everyone can customize their own burger.