Broiled BBQ Tofu Tacos With Fresh Pineapple Salsa
Cook Up Some Broiled BBQ Tofu Tacos With Fresh Pineapple Salsa!
Recipe Servings: 4
1 lb Broiled organic BBQ tofu, cut into 1” cubes
q6 tortillas Organic corn or low carb whole grain of gluten-free tortillas
1 cup Shredded purple or green cabbage
1 cup Fresh pineapple, cored and chopped
3 tbsp Fresh cilantro
1/4 large Red onion
1/2 tsp Black pepper, ground
1 Fresh Lime, juiced plus 1 tsp zest (reserve 1 tsp juice and combine with nonfat yogurt)
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 cup Black beans (rinse beans before using; low sodium if available)
3 tbsp Nonfat Plain Greek yogurt with 1 tsp juice
1. Dice fresh pineapple into small pieces or use pineapple canned on juice (not syrup).
2. Chop red onion into small pieces. Rinse onion over hot water if you prefer a milder onion taste.
3. Chop cilantro.
4. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until ingredients are well mixed together. Refrigerate.
1. Warm corn tortillas for 5-10 minutes in a oven pre-heated at 350F, or on a skillet over medium heat until tortilla.
2. Use boiled bean or rinse low-sodium canned beans.
3. Warm tofu in broiler until well-heated. Combine with, beans, pineapple salsa, and cabbage over warm tortilla. Top taco with a dollop of lime Greek yogurt.
Serve and Enjoy!