Eating at Every Age - America's "Fit Foodie" shares pro-tips for optimizing food choices and aging backwards during national nutrition month
Chef Mareya Ibrahim helps people of all ages live their best life with her clean eating books, programs, videos, podcast and products
You might recognize Chef Mareya Ibrahim, aka “The Fit Foodie,” from one of her appearances as a Lifestyle and Nutrition Expert on shows like “The Doctors” and The Food Network. For over 20 years, Ibrahim has been a respected and passionate voice in helping people eat healthily and plentifully while boosting immunity and supporting a balanced lifestyle. With plenty of humor, she provides real-world advice and outlines her many tips and strategies for living a vibrant, healthy life.“Bottom line, I want to help people unlock the formula to enjoy food, nourish their bodies, and not feel deprived,” says Ibrahim, Founder of eatcleaner.com, “From teens to 40+, I love it when people realize healthy eating is easy and doesn’t have to be boring. Instead of counting the bites, it’s about making every bite count – towards vibrant health” With a chef’s perspective and a holistic nutrition approach, Ibrahim believes that you don’t have to cut out any food that you love, and the word “diet” needs to be taken out of your vocabulary. Her book Eat Like you Give a Fork: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive outlines an eight-part strategy for eating plentifully AND joyfully. The idea is to optimize food choices and structure your food to fill up on the good stuff, like good fats, and ultimately, through the right decisions, redesign your metabolism and change your cravings. “People have asked me, where do you get your energy? It’s all about the lifestyle.” Always with a smile, Ibrahim believes in nourished eating that is flavorful and fun. The key is to stock your kitchen and have plenty of the right foods – and superfoods – in your arsenal. Some “Fit Foodie” favorite nutrition hacks:
- Best said by Total Shape Magazine in the article How to lose weight in your 30's - "Keep it simple. Forget about calorie-laced beverages like fruit juices, coffee drinks, and sodas, as drinking water is undeniably best."
- Flavor bombs made with garlic, herbs and ghee or olive oil, frozen into old-school ice cube trays for an instant boost to veggies and proteins.
- Collagen superfoods ‘smart’ coffee, made with organic coffee, collagen creamer, cinnamon and lion’s mane & chaga mushroom extract
- Nutrient-dense sandwich/wrap spread (made with avocado, basil, chili pepper, garlic, pistachios and avoFresh).
- Make-ahead superfoods smoothie packs, including berries, pitaya chia and flax seeds, greens and collagen protein powder.
- Five-minute superfoods pasta sauce you can pair with pasta, veggies, quinoa, and more!