Chef Mareya’s Triple Berry Stuffed French Toast On San Diego 6 News
Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie’s
Triple Berry Stuffed French Toast Recipe
Made with sprouted bread, almonds as a dip and a reduced fat filling, this super nutrient dense French Toast is balanced to keep you satiated and very happy.
Watch my segment from San Diego 6 News below!
- 1/2 Cup slivered blanched almonds (no skin)
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 pieces Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut oil
Filling and Topping
- 2 tablespoons Blue Isle Blueberry Mediterranean Yogurt Spread
- 2 squares dark chocolate (70% cocoa or more)
- 1 Cup mixed berries: strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, washed with EAT CLEANER Fruit + Vegetable Wash
- 2 teaspoons shaved unsweetened coconut flake
1) In a blender, combine almonds, water, cinnamon, stevia, vanilla and sea salt until liquefied. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
2) Pour mixture into a bowl. Dip bread until well saturated but not soggy. Carefully remove so bread doesn’t fall apart.
3) Over medium high heat, melt coconut oil on a griddle or a flat sauté pan. Cook bread on both sides until golden brown.
4) Assemble stuffed French toast as follows: Place a piece of bread on a plate, add 1 tablespoon Blue Isle Blueberry Mediterranean Yogurt Spread, 1 tablespoon mixed berries, 1 square dark chocolate chopped into pieces. Top with one more slice of bread and a few spoons of berries and a teaspoon of coconut.