The Top 3 Healthy Habits That Make A Big Impact
As we turn the page on 2021, we still feel so strongly that helping people adopt healthy lifestyle habits is the most important thing we can share and teach others to arm ourselves for our physical and mental well-being.
Not surprisingly, people’s top resolutions include healthy lifestyle changes – exercising more, eating better, losing weight, cutting down on alcohol quitting smoking and reducing stress (Sorry, 2021. You didn’t help there.) By adopting these 3 healthy habits, we can all make a difference for good.
Let’s start 2022 on the right fork!
- Plan your meals around fresh produce
If half your plate should be fresh produce, then half your fridge should be, too. The mind shift here is to reverse the order of priority when building out the elements of your meals. Start with fresh produce–the more color the better. By getting your fridge in order with a variety of pre-prepped veggies, the task to get them in your dishes becomes a lot easier.
Tips to Get More Veggies on Your Plate:
- Make veggie chips out of kale, carrots and beets
- Vinegar-based slaws made with firm root vegetables
- Purees made with sweet potato, cauliflower, tomatoes and bell peppers
- As the vessel for stuffed meals, like stuffed peppers (bell, Anaheim, etc), zucchini and Japanese eggplant.
- Pickled vegetables that can be placed on sandwiches and in wraps
- Meal prep for success
Getting ready for the week with some easy meal prep helps you eat successfully and avoid the pitfalls of being in a food emergency where your hunger takes hold of your decisions.
- Pre-cook sweet potatoes or squash for clean carbohydrate options.
- Mist chicken and fish with eatCleaner Seafood + Poultry Wash to keep them safe, tender and juicy
- Pre-wash fruit and veggies for the whole week with eatCleaner Food Grade Wash Powder.
- Store a variety of produce items in see-through containers for easy snacking, soups, salads, sautés, and sandwiches. You’ll be less likely to eat the stuff you’re not supposed to, and the wash will help your produce last up to 5x longer! That’s free money!
Ahhh, water. You can live for weeks without food, but without water, your body will shut down in just a few days. It’s that important. Every metabolic function your cells perform requires hydration, including digestion, so strive to drink half your body weight in ounces every day. Keep clean water available sustainably in your kitchen at all times by using a water filter on your sink or refrigerator or a filter pitcher and filling your own reusable bottles to help cut down on plastic. Treat yourself to a new water bottle, get your eatCleaner-washed fruit or fresh herbs ready in the freezer and sip away.
We also have personal care products to help stay clean and safe on the go, including:
- guardClean removable dental appliance cleaner, perfect for mouthguards, retainers, and clear braces. Oral bacteria can exacerbate a health problem significantly!
- eatCleaner wipes, the only food-grade wipe around. Use it for everything from fruit to hands, mouth to surfaces – even baby toys and binkies!
- eatCleaner hand sanitizer in convenient travel-sized bottles
Keep it here for all you need to eat cleaner, and live cleaner, every day!
Follow @EatCleaner on Facebook and Instagram.
Join our Eat To Thrive program and EatCleaner CEO and Founders book for FREE.
And visit www.eatcleaner.com for a wealth of free ebooks, recipes, and tips to eat cleaner, every day. Sign up for our special 20% off your first purchase!