You won’t miss the fat from your breasts, wings, legs, and thighs – your chicken’s either! Instead of breadcrumbs, we use whole grain pretzels!
Savory Oven Fried Chicken
Recipe Makes 4-6 Servings
- 3 pounds skinless chicken – breast, wings, legs, thighs – Cleaned with Eat Cleaner Seafood & Poultry Wash
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain pretzels
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Non-stick Cooking spray
- Wash all chicken with Eat Cleaner Seafood & Poultry Wash, remove skin (if not already skinless) and reapply Eat Cleaner Seafood & Poultry Wash to all surfaces of the chicken. Do not rinse with water.
- In a medium bowl, immerse chicken pieces in buttermilk and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours
- Combine whole grain pretzels with herbs & spices (cayenne pepper, oregano, onion powder, black pepper, salt) in a food processor and pulse a few times until you have a well-mixed, lightly ground, but crispy mixture.
- Add dry mixture to a flat plate.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk and brush one coat of dijon mustard lightly to eat piece.
- Dredge chicken in the dry crust mixture and roll until thoroughly coated.
- Place chicken on a lightly sprayed baking pan or sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, covered with foil to keep moisture in. Remove foil cover for final 10-15 minutes until golden brown & crispy. Internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees.
- Serve & enjoy!
Enjoy & Remember to Eat Cleaner, Everyday!
For more delicious recipes, join The Cleaner Plate Club by texting ‘EATCLEANER’ to 22828 or visiting www.eatcleaner.com
Follow us on social media!