The Fit Foodie’s
NO-BAKE FIT BITES
The antidote to expensive protein bars, this is the perfect balance of good fats, protein and slow burning carbs to help stabilize blood sugar. Have a bite before or after a workout, between meals as a snack or as a light grab n go breakfast.
Recipe Servings: About 20-25 Balls
Serving Size: 1 Ball (1 oz.)
1 cup Gluten-free oats, pulsed in a food processor to a powder
1/2 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut plus 1/3 cup for topping (Omit if there’s a nut allergy)
1 scoop Low sugar protein powder
2 Tbsp Natural almond or peanut butter (Use powdered peanut butter if trying to reduce fat intake); substitute pureed pumpkin if there are nut allergies)
1/2 cup Ground flax meal
1/2 cup Dark chocolate chips (70% or more cocoa powder)
1 tsp Stevia liquid
2/3 cup Unsweetened coconut, almond or rice milk
1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to help hold its shape.
- Roll into 2″ balls and roll in shredded coconut.
- OPTIONAL: Dip in melted (70% or more unsweetened cocoa content) dark chocolate. Allow to dry completely before wrapping.
- Wrap individual balls in wax paper and store in an airtight container refrigerated or freeze.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes before eating.
Enjoy & remember to Eat Cleaner, Everyday!
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!