Sweet Potato Protein BEAUTY Waffles
Why are they called beauty waffles? Beta-carotene and fiber rich sweet potatoes combined with collagen protein build strong connective tissue and support hair skin and nails so you GLOW. These gluten-free gems are so dang tasty and the beautiful part is you can go savory or sweet depending on what you top them with. Go for avocado slices and a medium poached egg on top for a savory start to the day or a crown of low-glycemic berries – washed with Eat Cleaner, of course – with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios or walnuts for a sweeter take on the dish. If you’re going sweet, add a pinch of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract to the waffle recipe.
Sweet Potato Protein Beauty Waffles
Gluten-Free, Palo and Keto Friendly
Makes 2 servings (2 waffles each)
- 3/4 cup sweet potato, roasted until fork tender, peeled and mashed
- 1/8 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened oat, almond or coconut milk
- 1/8 cup Garden of Life Collagen Protein Powder
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Garden of Life raw coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp Garden of Life chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
Optional toppings: Fresh raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, chia seeds, banana, avocado, eggs, nuts, etc.
- Preheat and oil waffle iron.
- Combine milk, eggs and coconut oil in food processor bowl and pulse until just smooth. Add in mashed sweet potato, protein powder, chia seeds, baking powder and salt and pulse until well mixed.
- When waffle iron is hot, pour mixture into each compartment 1/2 full. Close iron and cook 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove waffles and fill with remaining bater; repeat cooking directions above. Top with desired fruit, whipped cream, avocado, poached eggs, crushed nuts, etc.
Catch my Instagram Live takeover on Garden of Life’s channel where I make these for you!