There’s nothing like a one pan meal to start the day off on the right foot and this one is sure to please. It’s packed with antioxidants, protein and lots of veggies using an awesome new blend from Bejo seed – with kohlrabi, butternut squash, sweet potatoes and yams. You can make it vegan by omitting the eggs and bacon and stuff it into a tomato for a gorgeous presentation. I made this at the recent PMA Food Service show to a group of hungry food service professionals. Brunch is served!
Stuffed Tomatoes with Kohlrabi and Squash Hash & Spicy Blender Salsa
- 4 whole Tasti Lee Tomatoes
- 1/4 Lb Applewood Smoked Bacon, Nitrate And Nitrite Free
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 Cups Kohlrabi, Butternut Squash, Sweet Potatoes And Yam Blend, 1/4” Dice
- 4 Eggs, Cage Free And Organic
- Himalayan Sea Salt And Black Pepper
- Optional But Oh So Good: 1 Tsp White Truffle Oil
- Over medium high heat in a heavy bottom skillet, cook bacon until nice and crispy. Blot on paper towels and crumble bacon. Drain extra fat from skillet and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, boil kohlrabi and squash blend until fork tender. Meanwhile, in the same pan as bacon, saute onion until translucent. Once kohlrabi and squash blend are tender, add to skillet and saute together.
- Once browned, crack eggs over the top and mix together so eggs are incorporated throughout mixture. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Core tomatoes and stuff with hash mixture and top with Spicy Blender Salsa and top with a drizzle of white truffle oil
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons roasted canned chiles
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked sea salt (Himalayan sea salt if unavailable)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a blender, pulse all ingredients until all are well chopped and smooth, leaving some texture.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
ENJOY & REMEMBER TO EAT CLEANER, EVERYDAY!
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!