Secrets to After School Snack Prep
How wonderful would it be to pick up your kids from school, come home and have healthy and delicious afternoon snacks ready at your fingertips that your children will enjoy??
YOU’RE IN LUCK!
I have two kids of my own and I am all about saving time, money and my sanity, especially when the kids are back in the school and our schedules are more hectic and filled with homework, extra curricular activities, enforced bedtime routines, and the list goes on and on.
Here are my secrets to after school snack preparation ahead of time! When you plan your meals for the week to come, shouldn’t that include everything your family eats??
1. Split your household’s after school snacks between the FRIDGE and PANTRY and allow your kids to choose one of each at snack time. This ensures they are getting a good balance and the right proportions of fat, carbohydrates and protein, low sugar and sodium.
2. If you only have one or two items to choose from every day, chances are the kiddos will get bored after day two, so always try to have plenty of variety and options to keep their little taste buds satisfied.
3. Get your Eat Cleaner Starter Kit for only $34.99, which should give you about 90 days of meal preparation and produce wash.
You can purchase yours at CLICK HERE TO BUY!!
4. Get the NEW eatFresh-FC Organic Anti-Browning Powder Packets to make your life much easier and your fruit/veggies last so much longer!!
It’s on sale right now for just $12.99! BUY NOW!!
5. Some of my favorite ingredients to keep on hand in your house at all times include:
1. Organic nut butters
2. Apples, Pears and other Firm Flesh Fruit
3. Raw Veggies (including avocados, carrots, celery, broccoli, snap peas, mini sweet
4. Hummus Dips (homemade or store-bought)
5. Greek Yogurt
6. Raw Nuts (Peanuts, Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts)
7. Low-sugar granola
8. Homemade popcorn cooked in coconut oil, tossed with Brewer’s yeast and a little sea salt and pepper
9. Miniature sweet bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, snacking cucumbers, etc
Here are some of my favorite after school snack prep secrets:
- Slice apples and pears on Sunday or Monday morning, apply eatFresh-FC Organic Anti-Browning Powder and distribute into snack bags for the week
- Slice apples into round slices and combine with your favorite nut butter and granola
- Build your own veggie bags with pre-washed carrots, celery, snacking cucumber, and cherry tomatoes – be sure to pre-wash with Eat Cleaner Fruit Veggie Wash; pair with 2 tbsp of Hummus
- Grab some 4-6oz sized containers and create your own berry fruit cups without all of the added sugars
- Combine un-buttered popcorn (stove-top or air popper) with 70% cacao chocolate chips, and nuts of choice to make your own “trail mix”
- Make Greek Yogurt drops on parchment paper and freeze overnight for sweet treats.
- These are just some ideas and secrets to keep your kids satisfied and engaged after school, without filling their tummies with processed, pre-packaged foods complete with artificial ingredients that you can’t even pronounce. You can prep healthy, homemade snacks once a week that the littles will not only enjoy, but also maintain focus when homework, reading, and other extra curricular activities come into the mix.