About Mareya Ibrahim
With over 25 years in the food industry, Mareya Ibrahimthrives on sharing her passion for the Fit Life, where food, nutrition, products, fitness and lifestyle all come together, deliciously. She is the co-inventor of the patented, award-winning line of Eat Cleaner products (eatcleaner.com), is a chef for the NYTimes bestseller The Daniel Plan, and the author of the upcoming book, “Eat Like You Give a Fork,” (St. Martin’s Press, available on pre-order on AMAZON. Her podcast, Recipes For Your Best Life, can be heard on iTunes, Spotify and Stitcher and her regular column, The Fit Foodie, appears in Edible Orange County Magazine.
Mareya is a Los Angeles Rams fan, in case you were wondering ?.
Rock my Fancy Guac
-3 ripe avocados, cleaned with Eat Cleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash (outside skin can harbor salmonella and other bacteria)
-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice plus 1 teaspoon grated zest (clean outside of limes first with with Eat Cleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash)
-1 small jalapeño, cleaned with Eat Cleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash, seeded and finely diced
-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, cleaned with Eat Cleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash, minced
-2 tablespoons minced red onion
-2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
-1 teaspoon smoked sea salt
-1/2 teaspoon white pepper
-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1) Slice avocados in half. Remove stone and scoop out flesh with a large spoon into a medium sized bowl.
2) Mash avocados with the back of a spoon and add in lime juice and tequila and mix until well incorporated.
3) Add jalapeño, cilantro, onion, zest, garlic and remaining seasonings. Allow guac to set up for at least an hour in the fridge before serving with Xica Jicama chips or alongside taquitos.
Crockpot Turkey and Kale Chili
Vegan Swap – Substitute turkey with soy chorizo or omit altogether
-2 tsp raw coconut oil
-1 medium red onion, diced
-3 cloves garlic, minced -1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
-1 tablespoons chili powder
-1 tablespoons cumin
-1 teaspoon sea salt
-1 teaspoon black pepper
-1 teaspoon white pepper -1 teaspoon cinnamon -2 tablespoons tomato paste
-2 packages Melissa’s Six-Bean Medley (white kidney, cranberry, white navy, red kidney, black-eyed and black beans) OR 4 cups of your favorite beans
-2 cups water or low sodium vegetable broth -3-4 carrots, washed with Eat Cleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash, and chopped into ½” coins
-1 small bunch kale, washed with Eat Cleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash, tough stems removed and chopped into 2” pieces
-Optional: avocado slices to top
1) In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
2) Add ground turkey and cook, breaking apart into crumbles with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove meat and drain off fat. Season with chili powder, cumin, sea salt, black and white pepper, and cinnamon in a small bowl, mixing with a fork.
3) Transfer ground turkey mixture to a crockpot and add remaining ingredients. Mix well with a wooden spoon and cook over low heat up to 7-8 hours or high heat up to 3-4 hours. If you’re not using a crock pot, cook in a stock pot or dutch oven on the stove over low heat for 1 hour. Serve with optional avocado slices.
Touchdown Taquitos: Baked Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Taquitos
Vegan swap – substitute cheese with vegan shredded cheese
-1 butternut squash, cleaned with Eat Cleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash, cooked until fork tender (baked in the oven at 400F for about 45 minutes)
-1 teaspoon dried oregano
-1 1/2 tsp chili powder
-2 tsp white pepper
-4 oz goat cheese
-2 Tbsp raw coconut oil
-1 sweet onion, chopped
-1 ½ tsp sea salt
-24 Xica Jicama Taco Shells, or gluten-free taco sized tortillas (sprouted grain or organic corn preferably)
-2 tablespoons raw coconut oil
-1 tablespoon ground cumin
-2 teaspoons smoked paprika
-1 teaspoon turmeric
1) Preheat oven to 375F. In a food processor, add cooked butternut squash, oregano, chili powder and goat cheese. Process until smooth and creamy.
2) In a medium skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat and reduce to low heat. Add chopped sweet onion and sea salt and cook until onions are sweated out, about 10 minutes, taking care for them not to brown. In a medium sized bowl, combine butternut squash mixture with caramelized onions.
3) Mix raw coconut oil with cumin, smoked paprika and turmeric together and brush each side of tortilla. Place about 2 tablespoons of mixture in the first third of each tortilla and spread across the length of it evenly. Roll tightly until the taquito is formed and place seam side down.
4) Place rolled taquitos in a large baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
5) Serve with ‘Rock My Fancy Guac’ (recipe above) on the side.
Smoky Veggie White Bean Chili
Vegan and gluten-free
Dairy topping Substitute: Coconut milk yogurt
-1 1/2 teaspoon grapeseed oil
-1/2 cup onion, chopped
-1/2 cup red bell pepper, cleaned with Eat Cleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash, chopped
-2 teaspoon minced garlic
-2 teaspoon ground cumin
-2 teaspoons chile in adobo, minced, plus 1 tablespoon adobo liquid (this is VERY spice so if you don’t like the heat, omit this or scale way back)
-1 teaspoon dried oregano
-1 teaspoon smoked paprika
-14 oz low sodium diced tomatoes
-8 oz vegetable broth
-15 oz white beans (rinsed drained)
-2 tablespoons tomato paste
-1 tablespoons brown sugar
-Pinch of Kosher salt
-Black pepper to taste
‘Sour Cream’ Topping:
-3/4 C Greek yogurt
-Juice of a lime plus 1 tsp zest
-2 tablespoons cilantro, cleaned with Eat Cleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash, finely chopped
1) Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add chiles in adobo and adobo sauce with bell pepper and sauté for another 2 minutes.
2) Add garlic and spices and cook for one minute. Add chopped tomatoes and broth and bring to boil.
3) Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
4) Stir in beans and tomato paste, bring back to a boil, reduce heat back to low and simmer for 15 more minutes.
5) In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for ‘sour cream’ topping. Spoon topping onto chili and finish with a spoon of pepper jack.
MedMex Chicken and Veggie Nachos with Mango Salsa