Rockin’ Raw Slaw
Rockin' Raw Slaw
Did you know that coleslaw salad includes the way to detoxify the body. This is linked to the ability of cabbage in the salad to help the liver break down toxins and providing diuretic properties. Moreover, it also helps to remove excess water and toxins from the body.
- Rockin’ Raw Slaw
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups shredded red or green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoons raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hemp oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons natural smooth peanut butter (or sunflower seed butter, for a nut free option)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon raw hemp hearts
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded vegetables, be sure to wash ALL fresh produce with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Veggie Wash first
- MAKE THE DRESSING: Put the apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl. While whisking continuously, slowly stream in the hemp oil. Whisk in the peanut butter (or sunflower seed butter), lime juuice, honey, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Top with the hemp hearts and serve.