Next time you are in the mood to impress your guests, try this side dish for size! It’s so delicious and follows my K.I.S.S. method in the kitchen – KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE!
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Recipe Serves 4-8
- 12-24 asparagus spears
- 6 Prosciutto Slices
- Coconut Oil for cooking
- Wash asparagus with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash.
- Cut 2 cm off the ends of each asparagus spear.
- Cut prosciutto strips into two halves, going lengthways, you should end up with 12 strips.
- Place each prosciutto strip on a cutting board at a 45 degree angle. Depending on if you want singles or bundles, place one-three of the asparagus spears on top of the meat, perpendicular to it. The tip of the asparagus should be lined up with the bottom of the prosciutto strip. Wrap the bottom end of prosciutto over the asparagus and holding the meat tight, start rolling the asparagus up. The prosciutto strip should wrap around the whole length of the spear because it’s on an angle. Don’t worry if parts of the asparagus spears are not covered completely.
- Heat some coconut oil in a large, flat frying pan to hot. Cook wrapped asparagus spears for 1-2 minutes on each side or until prosciutto is brown and crispy.
ENJOY & REMEMBER TO EAT CLEANER, EVERYDAY!
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!