Paleo Banana Walnut Muffins
Who doesn’t love a warm, delish muffin that crunches when you bite into it? My kids. So that’s why I make these, so no one will have any but me. If you agree, these little morsels are for you, sans the muffin tops.
Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas, peels on
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts (or walnut pieces), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Use a 12-muffin silicone muffin pan (no oil needed)
- In a blender, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and cup almond butter and pulse until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the wet ingredients and pulse until well combined. Mix in the walnuts with a long-handled spoon.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20-22 minutes; a toothpick should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Slather with a little ghee and a little local honey for some extra yumminess.
Want to know more about how to SAVE THE PEELS??? Download Your Sustainapeelity Guide NOW >>