Make them with your kids, make them with your spouse/significant other, make them with your friends – whoever you make these with, bring them back to the table together tonight!
These flatbreads are super easy to make and fun for kids of all ages! Teach them young by bringing them in the kitchen with you for meal prep!!
4 5×5 flat breads (pre-made pizza crust, gluten-free optional)
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 cloves garlic
6-7 leaves of fresh basil
2 cup assorted tomatoes sliced ¼ inch thick
½ tsp kosher salt
Cracked black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
3. In a mixing bowl combine ricotta, juice from one lemon, zest from lemon, and 3 leaves of diced fresh basil.
4. Lay flat bread on parchment lined baking pan and cover with cheese mixture spreading a layer ¼ in thick.
5. Slice tomatoes ¼ inch thick and layer on top of cheese. Using different colors and varieties helps with the presentation.
6. Finely dice garlic and sprinkle over tomatoes.
7. Place in oven for 12-15 minutes until dough is brown
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle with coarse salt, cracked pepper, and snipped basil leaves, to desired amount
ENJOY & REMEMBER TO EAT CLEANER, EVERYDAY!
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!