Your all-access guide to lettuce and why you should eat it and clean it!
- Low Calorie Content & Almost Zero Fat
- Helps Weight Loss
- Heart Healthy
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Complete Protein (Romaine Lettuce is 20% protein)
- Helps with Insomnia
- Lettuce is Alkaline Forming
- Low Glycemic Index
- Whole Life Food
- Lettuce Tastes Great
The Battle of the Lettuce
- Contains LESS sugar and sodium
- Contains TWICE the Protein (about 20% of romaine lettuce’s contents come from protein)
- Contains TWICE the calcium
- Has THREE TIMES the amount of Vitamin K
- Has FOUR TIMES the amount of Iron
- Holds EIGHT TIMES the amount of Vitamin C
- Holds SEVENTEEN TIMES the amount of Vitamin A
There are FOUR main categories of Lettuce:
CAUTION WHEN BUYING / EATING LETTUCE
Ground Turkey and Cauliflower Lettuce Cups
So fresh and packed with flavor, I love getting more veggies onto the plate with the lettuce cups and cauliflower in the mixture. Let everyone assemble their own like a taco bar!
3 cloves garlic, crushed
½ onion, finely chopped
1 pound ground lean white meat turkey or tempeh
2 C cauliflower, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Vegetable Wash, steamed and chopped fine
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
¼ teaspoon rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
Sea salt to taste
24 pieces of Bibb or Butter lettuce, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Vegetable Wash, pieced out into whole sheets
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 garlic cloves crushed
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 cups Nonfat Greek yogurt with 2 T fresh lemon juice
1) Saute crushed garlic and onion in a large skillet over medium low heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the lean ground turkey or meat. Cook and stir for 5-10 minutes until the meat is cooked.
2) Drain any excess grease and add in chopped, cooked cauliflower.
3) Add the soy chorizo and oregano, rosemary, cumin and sea salt
4) Spoon 2 T of meat mixture into each lettuce cup
5) Top with tomato sauce and nonfat Greek yogurt with lemon juice before serving.
ENJOY & REMEMBER TO EAT CLEANER, EVERYDAY!
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!