Jalapeno Bacon, Egg & Zucchini Muffins
Follow us on Instagram! @eatcleaner
There’s nothing I love more than a nutrient dense brekkie made in 10 minutes or less. These set up so beautifully and are one of my KISS recipes – so super simple you just have to let the oven do the lovin’!
What you need:
1 muffin pan
6 cage free or organic eggs
6 pieces of nitrate/nitrite-free bacon
1/2 zucchini, washed with Eat Cleaner, grated
6 small pieces of fresh mozzarella or 2 tablespoons feta
a dab of room temp coconut oil
smoked sea salt
OPTIONAL: jalapeno oil to brush bacon(I made my own by soaking whole jalapenos in a cup of EVOO; you can also use prepared chili oil.)
1) Pre-heat oven to 400F.
2) Grease each muffin cup with a little coconut oil (just rub a paper towel into it)
3) Brush each piece of bacon with a little jalapeno or chili oil for kick. If you don’t want the heat, omit this step. Position bacon slice around the circumference of each muffin liner.
4) Crack an egg into each liner as to keep yolk intact. Place a spoon of grated zucchini on top and top that with a slice of mozzarella or pinch of feta.
5) Season each egg cup with a little smoked sea salt, white pepper and dried tarragon. I added a little bit of smoked paprika because I’m a heat junkie.
6) Bake for 8-9 minutes or until eggs are firm. For a pretty presentation, slice in half. Makes agorgeous brunch item, too.
BUON (CLEAN) APPETITO!!