Ready to Reset? Free 14 Day Eat Cleaner Challenge Begins 1/14
Happy New Year Fit Tribe, 2017 is here! Resolutions have been made, but once the champagne flutes are back on the shelf, who's making those a reality. Apparently only 8% of people commit to their New Year's Resolutions.
Those aren’t very good odds.
As a fit life educator dedicated to sharing the knowledge about clean eating, I’m here to help provide you with the tools to make sure you don’t end up in the 92% category!
So here’s my advice to you in 2017…
Keep it simple and start with one healthy habit at a time.
This is the best way to start with a lifestyle change, one healthy bite size at a time. Once you have mastered your new healthy habit then go ahead and add another healthy habit. Before you know it, you will accomplish so much in 2017 that you’ll realize you hit the reset button to a fit, healthy and happy lifestyle in no time at all.
So to start the New Year on the right fork, I am inviting you to join our FREE 14-Day Eat Cleaner Challenge. You’ll get bite-sized tips every day for 14 days to get your eating clean for life. Just stick with me for 14 days and watch the change happen.
And if you’re ready, you can jump into our Eat Cleaner Meal Prep Club for only $39 (value of $279). You can click HERE to join. This is the only chef-driven, registered dietician-created program with proven success to help you eat your way to your best health. It boosts your metabolism, it gives you a plan that takes the guesswork out, and it gives you the confidence you need to make balanced meals. Each meal is simple and easy to make, so you can focus on what’s important – being with the people you love, doing the things you love. Come join the Club, The 12 week program provides you with:
· A weekly calendar with 5 meals per day; 3 meals and 2 snacks
· Delicious seasonal recipes that you can make in 20 minutes or less
· Nutrition information for each dish
· A shopping list that you can easily scale for the number of people
· Shopping list with easy links to order online
· Invitation to our private Cleaner Plate Club Facebook group to answer your
questions and provide additional support
· Invitation to our monthly webinars
· Access to our cooking video library and resources
· Macronutrient nutrition information calculating the right proportion of fat, carbohydrates and protein, low sugar and sodium and easy-to-make, fit foodie recipes.
I’ve developed what I call ‘Fit foodie filosophies’ that will help you achieve your clean eating resolutions, and the best part about it is, you will never feel overwhelmed or wonder where to start. It’s all layed out for you.
1) Learn the language of labelese: You may not be fluent in another language but learning how to read ‘labelese’ or the language of labels can help you navigate the grocery store aisles to save your health. There are over 14,000 additives used in commercially prepared foods today. Some are far more complicated and potentially dangerous. Ones to make note of are the artificial preservatives and flavors that have been linked to cancer, toxicity to the nervous system and other ill side effects. These include BHA, BHT, EDTA, sodium benzoate, nitrates, nitrites and monosodium glutamate, among others.
2) Ditch the diet mentality: The key to a balanced diet is not to diet. Why would we ever be motivated to stick to something that begins with DIE? Diet comes from a place of deprivation and restriction. Being too restrictive, not eating enough of the right foods and eating too little can all sabotage your efforts to get healthy and maintain the proper weight and body fat levels. I created a macronutrient-proportioned meal plan that helps people balance their food intake called the Eat Cleaner Meal Prep Club
for that reason. When you eat cleaner, you are focusing on fresh and living sustainably to feed your body to the core – and that just makes everything feel good.
3) Join the hydration nation: Ahhh, water. You can live for weeks without food, but without water, your body will shut down in just a few days. It’s that important. Every metabolic function your cells perform requires hydration, including digestion, so strive to drink half your body weight in ounces every day. Keep clean water available sustainably in your kitchen at all times by using a water filter on your sink or refrigerator, a filtered pitcher or a water delivery service instead and fill your own reusable bottles to help cut down on plastic.
4) Kick the sugar habit : Fresh fruit is nature’s sweet, grab a handful of strawberries or berries for a sweet treat. If your sugar craving needs more drastic measures, dip the fruit in dark chocolate, which is good for you with antioxidants. 70% dark is low sugar and boasts the most chocolate health benefits. The way to prevent this craving is to increase protein intake, which is a slower burning fuel. Often times we feel we need sugar, because it’s a quick energy source. Eating a proper protein will satiate
your energy needs for a longer period of time, without the crash that comes with energy from sugar. For the average person who is moderately active, I recommend that you eat half your body weight in protein in grams. For example, a person weighing 150 lbs, should consume 75 grams of protein daily. Clean energy sources of protein include 20 grams from a natural protein supplement, and eggs have 8-10 grams. Protein helps curb sugar desire. The reason to cut the sugar addiction, even if you’re ‘burning’ off the calories? Consuming too much processed sugars increases one’s risk for diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and excess body fat. Those with a predisposition to health issues should be especially careful, can put you over edge on sugar related illnesses. Highs and lows of energy from sugar can decrease productivity and hurt your mood, and disrupt healthy sleep patterns. And the most scary sugar risk, is that sugar actually feeds cancer cells.
For a full list of my Fit Foodie Flosophies that are published in my first book “The Clean Eating Handbook”: 31 Essential Ways to Health, Wellness and Fabulously Fit Life” check these out below:
1) Rehab your refrigerator and purge your pantry
2) Skim the saturated fat
3) Kick the sugar habit
4) Swap veggies for fat
5) Deny the fry
6) Learn the language of labelese
7) Forego the salad saboteurs
8) Dial back the alcohol
9) Fill up on fresh fruits and veggies to the core
10) Choose clean carbs
11) Go wild with seafood
12) Get nutrient dense
13) Fuel up like a superhero
14) Eat the fit foodie triangle frequently
15) Practice portion control and go sharesies
16) Go meatless Monday’s
17) Practice safe snacks
18) Get the right tools for the job
19) Shop smart, save green
20) Grow your own
21) Save your green(s) and the planet
22) Don’t let the food go foul
23) Tote your own treats
24) Grow a family of Fit Foodies
25) Break (better) bread together
26) Know your burn rate
27) Exercise less and eat more
28) If it’s not organic, don’t panic
29) Think before you bite!
30) Join the hydration nation
31) Ditch the diet mentality
See you insight the challenge!
Much love, light and health,