Ground Turkey & Cauliflower Lettuce Cups
Ground Turkey and Cauliflower Lettuce Cups
So fresh and packed with flavor, I love getting more veggies onto the plate with the lettuce cups and cauliflower in the mixture. Let everyone assemble their own like a taco bar!
3 cloves garlic, crushed
½ onion, finely chopped
1 pound ground lean white meat turkey or tempeh
2 C cauliflower, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Vegetable Wash, steamed and chopped fine
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
¼ teaspoon rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
Sea salt to taste
24 pieces of Bibb or Butter lettuce, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Vegetable Wash, pieced out into whole sheets
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 garlic cloves crushed
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 cups Nonfat Greek yogurt with 2 T fresh lemon juice
1) Saute crushed garlic and onion in a large skillet over medium low heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the lean ground turkey or meat. Cook and stir for 5-10 minutes until the meat is cooked.
2) Drain any excess grease and add in chopped, cooked cauliflower.
3) Add the soy chorizo and oregano, rosemary, cumin and sea salt
4) Spoon 2 T of meat mixture into each lettuce cup
5) Top with tomato sauce and nonfat Greek yogurt with lemon juice before serving.
ENJOY & REMEMBER TO EAT CLEANER, EVERYDAY!
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!