Frosting Without All The Sugar – As Seen on Fox5 San Diego
Did you see Chef Mareya on Fox 5 San Diego yesterday?!?!
We got a high 5 and ‘can I get an Amen’ from Anchor Shally for better for you frostings for your family! What a wonderful testament.
Did you know that today’s children are consuming about 3x the amount of sugar than they should be on a daily basis?!?!
Check out how Chef Mareya reduces sugar, artificial chemicals and preservatives from our foods, especially for !! kids! It definitely starts with us adults to SET THE RIGHT EXAMPLE!
There are so many options available to make meals, snacks, and desserts fitter, more nutrient dense and safer! For example, you could try these Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting using all of Mareya’s secrets to swapping out the insane amounts of sugar without compromising taste!
1 cup Red Beets, Pureed until smooth (can use canned beets or fresh beets, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash, peeled, boiled until fork tender, then pureed)
1 cup Stevia natural sugar substitute
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (at least 70% cocoa powder)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
8 oz. vegan cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cauliflower, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash, steamed then pureed until smooth
1/2 cup Stevia natural sugar substitute
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
Unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl or stand up mixer, combine beet puree, sugar substitute, almond milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add in egg whites and gently fold in.
3. Add gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, baking soda and salt, and mix until well combined with no visible lumps.
4. Divide mixture evenly into muffin tin, taking care not to overfill. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center clean. Allow to cool on a baking rack.
5. While cupcakes bake, combine frosting ingredients together and beat until smooth and airy. Once cupcakes are completely cooled, smooth frosting over the top.
6. Sprinkle with shredded unsweetened coconut, if desired and ENJOY!!!
You can also try Mareya’s Fudgy Berry Brownies – they are gluten-free, guilt-free, sugar-free and the kids will LOVE them!