Curry Cashew Chicken Lettuce Cups
Did you know that ingredients in curry, such as chili pepper and even curcumin, are beneficial in boosting your body’s immunity and healing properties. This is because they’re rich in vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin B6, and they boost the infection-fighting cells.
CURRY CASHEW CHICKEN LETTUCE CUPS
MAKES 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 1 pound chicken breasts, poached and cubed
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced cored Fuji, Gala, or Pink Lady apple
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup currants
- 12 whole butter lettuce leaves, for serving
- 1 tablespoon raw hemp hearts (optional)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon each sea salt and ground white pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl toss together the chicken, celery, apple, cashews, and currants.
- MAKE THE DRESSING: In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and toss until well coated. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve scoops of the chicken salad in the butter lettuce leaves and top with a sprinkle of hemp hearts, if desired, for an added omega-3 boost and a nice little pop of texture.