Creamy Thai Pumpkin Soup
This Creamy Thai Pumpkin Soup is soothing and the perfect palette starter to any Fall dinner party or your annual Thanksgiving. Serve it in a shooter glass or even in a pumpkin bowl!!
Pumpkin is super high in beta-keratin & antioxidants and the coconut milk makes the entire soup super creamy without compromising the calories in heavy cream!!
Dairy-Free / Vegan / Gluten-Free, Serves 4-6
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut or grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp. red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp. yellow curry paste (find this prepared in the Asian specialties section of the store)
- 13.5 oz. can light coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 30 oz. organize pumpkin puree
- 1 small red chili, seeded and finely chopped (be care of the seeds and your eyes). You can also substitute 1/2 tsp. dried red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic over medium low heat until translucent, taking care not to brown. Add chili.
- Add the curry paste and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the broth and the pumpkin and whisk together until well incorporated and creamy.
- Add the coconut milk and cook until mixture bubbles for a few minutes.
- Remove from head and garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk and fresh cilantro.