There’s nothing like a great big bowl of comfort food to keep your home feeling warm and cozy on a cold Winter day. That’s why I love this Creamy Apple, Butternut Squash, & Carrot Soup – I call it my ABC Soup!!!
I like to use GALA Apples because of their mild and sweet flavor. Also, did you know that Gala Apples were ranked #2 on the US Apple Association’s list of most popular apples??
Next, Butternut Squash, similar to pumpkin really, but a little more readily available year-round. You can get it whole or pre-cubed at your local market, and these babies carry so many nutrients.
Here’s some Fit Food for Thought, Butternut Squash is:
- Low in Fat
- Contains an ample dose of dietary fiber
- Is Heart Friendly
- Full of Potassium
- Contains Vitamin B6
Basically this vegetable not only tastes great, smells amazing when its being cooked, but also is super healthy and essential for the proper functioning of both your nervous and immune systems. Need I say more?
Finally, I love carrots, for their crunchy texture and sweet, minty aromatic taste. They are so colorful – if you didn’t know, carrots come in orange, white, yellow, red, and purple. Carrots are some of the most protective vegetable working to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. They also full of antioxidants.
Get ready to sing (and EAT) your ABC’s and enjoy a delicious and very nutritious, clean dish today!!!
Creamy Apple, Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup
It’s super easy to make in no time at all, plus it’s PALEO, VEGAN, and CLEAN.
Recipe serves 4-6
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Large Butternut Squash, cubed (or use pre-cubed)
- 2 Small Gala Apples
- 2 Carrots
- 2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP Nutmeg
- 2 TSP Curry Powder
- 4 C Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 C Almond Milk
- In a large Dutch Oven or stockpot, sauté onion in extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil) over medium heat until translucent.
- Don’t forget to wash all of your fresh produce fully with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash.
- Add butternut squash and sauté for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add apples, carrots, cinnamon, nutmeg, and curry powder.
- Add vegetable broth and almond milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to cook over medium heat for another 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree until smooth with an immersion blender or in a tabletop blender, like the Vitamix – if you don’t have any of these items, here’s a couple that I love to use in my kitchen.
Pretty simple, right?? Now it’s your turn!!
WANT TO KEEP THIS RECIPE???
You can save and print this recipe here: creamy-apple-butternut-squash-and-carrot-soup