Oh, pumpkin. how I love you, especially this time of year!!
You’re rich in fiber.
You’re low in calories.
You’re super hydrating.
You’re full of antioxidants like vitamin A and beta-carotene.
You help boost my immunity with your vitamin C packed-power.
You help me my skin look good.
You help me fight disease.
You help regulate my blood sugar.
You help me feel fuller longer.
You taste amazing in so many different ways, especially with cinnamon!! You make it easy to love you.
What a great way to start the day, with a little pumpkin scone and a lot of love. Maybe even start an afternoon tea tradition? Jolly good!
Chai Pumpkin Oat Scones
Vegan / Gluten-Free
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup gluten-free quick cook oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon all natural, no calorie sweetener like stevia or monk fruit extract
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup prepared chai tea (you can brew this or buy it prepared)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance baking sticks, melted or Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper (or use Silicone baking pad).
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, including flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, sweetener and salt.
- Add the pumpkin, vanilla, chai tea and melted Earth Balance sticks or coconut oil into the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- You should have a soft dough consistency. Take care not to overwork the dough as it will make for a tough scone. If it is too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Form the dough into rounds or roll flat and cut into triangle wedges.
- Spray the surface of the dough very lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake the scones about 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with a dab of pumpkin butter or Earth Balance spread.
For more delicious pumpkin recipes, get your free copy of Chef Mareya’s Pumpkin eBook!!