Butternut squash brings a high dose of dietary fiber, making an exceptionally heart-friendly choice in food. Butternut squash also provides a significant amount of potassium and vitamin B6, which are so important for bone health and proper functioning of both the nervous and immune systems.
This soup is low in fat, dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free!!!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH COCONUT ESSENCE
- 1 TBSP Earth Balance Coconut Spread
- 2 carrots, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash, diced
- 2 celery stalks, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (refrigerated)
- 1/2 TSP group black pepper
- 1 TSP fresh thyme
- Heat coconut spread in a large soup pot. Add carrots, celery, and onion. Cook until vegetables have begun to soften and onion turns translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in butternut squash, vegetable broth, coconut milk and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until butternut squash is fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree soup or let cool slightly, and carefully puree in batches blender.
- Take a squeeze bottle and fill with non-dairy yogurt. Squeeze a small circle on top of each individual soup bowl and a pinch of fresh thyme and pumpkin seeds.