Zucchini noodles, or what I like to call ZOODLES, are such an easy alternative to traditional pasta when you are gluten-free, vegan, paleo, or want to eat cleaner and live a healthier lifestyle. You can toss raw vegetable noodles (zucchini, squash, carrots, cucumber, etc.) with some other chopped veggies, fresh herbs, and little vinaigrette or some fresh squeezed lemon juice for a delicious, crisp salad OR you can cook up an amazing alternative to fettuccini alfredo using zucchini noodles and a clean cream sauce.
Whatever dish you choose, zucchini noodles are a top choice in my kitchen and the way to go for any quick and easy lunch or dinner meal. I personally love this dish, Zucchini Noodles with Romesco Sauce. This delish sauce comes from Spain, and is amazing with pretty much everything from veggies to meats and fish, as a substitute for mayo on sandwiches or even as a salad dressing. The best part is a lot of these ingredients can stay in your pantry. Make extra!!
Zucchini Noodles with Romesco Sauce
This meal is Clean, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, AND tastes amazing; what more can you ask for!!
Recipe serves 4
- 1 Large Roasted Red Bell Pepper from a jar
- 2 Garlic Cloves, smashed
- 1/2 C Slivered Almonds, toasted until light caramel color
- 1/4 C Tomato Puree
- 2 TBSP Chopped Parsley
- 2 TBSP Sherry Vinegar
- 1 TSP Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 TSP Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Smoked Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Zucchini, Washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash and Spiralized into long noodles
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- To make the Romesco Sauce, pulse all ingredients except for Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a food processor until smooth. (If you don’t have a food processor, I love this Cuisinart Food Processor.
- Once your sauce mixture is smooth, add Extra Virgin Olive Oil slowly until mixture is well incorporated.
- To make your zucchini noodles, you will want to use a handheld spiralizer or a tabletop spiralizer – here are two options that I recommend:
- After you’ve made your zucchini noodles, in a large saucepan, heat 2 TBSP of oil (extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil) and sauté zucchini noodles.
- Add Romesco Sauce and coat noodles thoroughly.
- Serve with an optional sprinkle of parsley for garnish.
Pretty simple, right?? Now it’s your turn!!
WANT TO KEEP THIS RECIPE???
You can save and print this recipe here: zucchini-noodles-with-romesco-sauce