In our house, we have a tradition of Sunday night roasted chicken. Everyone likes a different piece – kids like the drumsticks and breast, I’m a thigh girl and my parents are wings, neck and gizzards type of folks (I know, it’s a Middle Eastern thing).
But, come June when it starts to get hot up in that kitchen, who wants to turn on the oven? Not ME! And I’m thinking, probably not you either. So here’s a trick to get your whole chicken cooked flawlessly and in 1/10th of the time (like, from 2 hours to 20 minutes) and keep everyone happy with their favorite parts and pieces. The trick is in using the Eat Cleaner Seafood + Poultry Wash and a clay brick. Yes, a brick!! This is a traditional Tuscan technique and it’s brilliant because the heat and pressure from the clay helps it cook faster, evenly and oh so deliciously. This recipe is super simple but you know you’re going to come back to this one over and over and over again.
WHOLE GRILLED CITRUS ROSEMARY CHICKEN UNDER A BRICK
1 Lemon, juiced plus 1 tsp zest, grated
2 Limes, juiced plus 1 tsp zest, grated
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Olive oil
2 tsp Ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
2 Tbsp Fresh rosemary, minced
Eat Cleaner Seafood & Poultry Wash
You’ll also need 2 clay bricks, wrapped in aluminum foil.
1) Whisk together all ingredients until well incorporated.
2) Remove pouch from inside the cavity containing giblets, neck and any excess skin. ‘Butterfly’ the chicken by slicing down the center vertically around one half only. It should lay flat. Clean chicken with Eat Cleaner Seafood + Poultry Wash. Allow chicken to marinate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight before cooking.
3) Clean grill well and brush lightly with oil. Remove chicken from marinade and remove excess liquid. Heat grill to medium and place chicken onto oiled grill, skin side down. Place one clay brick on each side of chicken.
4) Grill for about 10 minutes on each side. Using a meat thermometer, measure thickest point and when it reaches 160F, you’re done!
5) Let the chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with an extra lemon wedge and enjoy the magic!
|WHOLE GRILLED CITRUS ROSEMARY CHICKEN UNDER A BRICK|
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or
text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!