These meatballs are going to rock your world. You’re not going to even know that there isn’t any meat in there. So these are my beat balls with Zucchini Noodles.
If we cut back on meat just one day a week, we could each power our iPhones for four years.
The main components of the Beet Balls are all WHOLE FOODS…including fresh almond flour, cauliflower to ensure we are getting a good amount of vegetables in, ground flax meal, beets, and some fresh herbs!!!
GET THE RECIPE BELOW >>
This is the perfect plant forward version of spaghetti and meatballs that’s nutrient-dense and packed with flavor.
Vegan, Paleo, Keto, Clean.
- 3/4 cup unsalted whole almonds
- 1 cup cauliflower, cooked until fork tender
- 1/2 cup cooked beets, pureed
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Nonstick olive oil or coconut oil spray
- 4 medium sized zucchini
- 2 cups of your fave marinara sauce
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Wash all fresh produce with Eat Cleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash first.
- In a food processor, pulse whole almonds until you achieve a meal-like consistency. Add cauliflower, beets, flax meal, paprika, oregano, sea salt and white pepper and pulse until you reach a dough-like texture. Mixture should hold together and be easy to shape.
- Shape mixture into 12-14 balls using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop. Place balls on a baking sheet or in a small muffin tin and mist with non-stick oil spray. Bake for approx. 15-18 minutes or until golden and firm.
- In the meantime, spiralize zucchini and salute in olive oil for 2-3 minutes; add prepared marinara and heat throughout.
- Remove beet balls from the oven and add to zucchini noodles and sauce.
- Top with chopped fresh basil and enjoy!