- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Optional toppings: Cubed avocado, onions, plain Greek yogurt
- Wash all veggies with eatCleaner. In a large saucepan, bring quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion, red pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the chili powder, cumin and cinnamon; cook 2 minutes longer. If desired, serve with optional toppings.
- Add the black beans, cannellini beans, tomatoes, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, bay leaf, oregano, salt, pepper and remaining water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in quinoa; heat through. Discard bay leaf; stir in cilantro. Serve with optional toppings as desired.