Instead of using bread crumbs, I love Way Better chips as a nutrient dense alternative that’s already packed with flavor. They’re non-gmo, gluten-free, and have over 190 mg of Omega 3’s per serving. Plus, they sprout the grains so they’re less processed and way better for you.
The Sweet Chili is my FAVORITE and they’re so yummy and nicely balanced that you don’t need any other seasoning for the coating of my Sweet Chili Crusted Shrimp. Plus if you make an extra batch of the salsa, you can dip into it with the extra chips. 🙂
WATCH THE VID FOR THE HOW-TO!
Sweet Chili Crusted Shrimp with Fresh Fruit Salsa
- 2 cups Way Better Snacks Sweet Chili chips
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut oil, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 pound large wild caught shrimp, washed with Eat Cleaner Seafood + Poultry Wash, peeled and deveined
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Nonstick cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
2) In a food processor, pulse Way Better Sweet Chili chips until you achieve a fine crumb. Pour crumbs into a large plastic bag.
3) In a bowl, whisk together egg whites and melted coconut oil. place shrimp in mixture then place into the plastic bag with crumbs. Shake gently and coat shrimp evenly.
4) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange coated shrimp. Mist with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with Mango Tomato Salsa.
Fresh Fruit & Tomato Salsa
(combine ingredients, refrigerate for at least an hour)
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced (if fresh mango is unavailable, try frozen, thawed mango or swap out 1 small can no sugar added pineapple, drained and diced, or another exotic fruit like dragonfruit)
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
2 medium tomato, diced
1 Jalapeño, minced
3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of a fresh lime
Dash of Kosher salt
1) Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
2) Serve with Sweet Chili Crusted Shrimp or scoop up with Way Better Snacks chips.