It won’t matter whose team wins or loses with these delicious bowls of chili in your hands for comfort!!! This dish is one of the BEST FOOTBALL FOODS you can make! It’s easy, it’s delicious and it’s heart healthy!!!
SMOKY VEGGIE, JACKFRUIT, AND WHITE BEAN CHILI
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons raw coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces jackfruit, shredded (you can find peeled jackfruit in the refrigerated section)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from the can (these are spicy)
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium or no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 3/4 cups cooked cannellini or great northern beans, or 1 (15-ounce) can, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Sliced avocado (optional)
- In a large stockpot, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saut. for 3 minutes.
- Add the jackfruit and saut. for 3 minutes. Add chipotles, adobo sauce, and bell pepper and saut. for 2 minutes more.
- Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, and paprika and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and tomato paste and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the mixture has thickened and the liquid has reduced.
- Serve hot, topped with crispy sprouted tortilla strips and slices of fresh avocado, if desired.
February is American Heart Month
Eat Cleaner is proud to support the American Heart Association’s lifesaving work toward health equity and building stronger communities. Together we can create a world free of heart disease and stroke for all.
Learn more at: heart.org/lifeiswhywegive