It feels so fancy but it is so easy and versatile to mix into your meals. You could use this salmon mousse to also top an overstuffed baked sweet potato, in a convertible bowl, or as an egg topper.
- 4 ounces smoked wild-caught salmon
- 3/4 cup plain full-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon cest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- In a food processor, combine the smoked salmon and yoghurt. Pulse until well incorporated and creamy. Add the dill, chives, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse for another 30 seconds to combine.
- Wash the cucumber with eatCleaner Fruit and Vegetable Wash and pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange the cut cucumber slices on a platter. Spoon the salmon mixture onto the cucumber slices. (Alternatively, transfer the salmon mixture to a pastry bag and swirl it onto the cucumber.)
xx - Mareya