Seared Ahi with Wasabi Ginger Sauce
(Served with blistered shishito peppers and quinoa timbale)
- 1 lb Ahi Tuna Steak
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (reserve 1 teaspoon for the top)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari (choose a non-gmo option)
- Spray ahi tuna steak with Eat Cleaner Seafood + Poultry wash on all sides, including outer edge. Place sesame seeds on a plate and push outer edge of tuna into seeds to create an outer crust. Go over outer edge twice.
- Heat skillet or flat-top pan to high; mist with non-stick cooking spray. Sear tuna steak for 2 minutes on each side. Remove tuna from heat to a cutting board and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil with ginger and wasabi paste until smooth and well-incorporated. Add low sodium soy sauce or tamari and whisk until smooth.
- Slice ahi against the grain into thin slices. Pour wasabi ginger sauce over the top and finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
PRINT THIS RECIPE HERE >>