We all know that indulging during those hot, summer days are what makes our 4th of July parties, backyard BBQs, and park picnics so much more fun, so why not indulging in something good, fresh, and CLEAN next time???
With just the right balance of sweet and salty, along with the perfect amount of crunch in every bite, this Red, White, and Blue-berry Summer Salad is sure to satisfy your taste buds and benefit you in more ways than one on a hot, summer afternoon!
Did you know that Jicama helps aid in digestion, boost your immune system, manages blood pressure, helps prevent cancer & heart disease, AND builds bone strength, while strawberries and blueberries provide you with over 100 mg of vitamin C per 1-cup serving AND are low in fat and calories?!
Next time you are looking for something refreshing and crisp to bite into, try this Red, White, and Blue-berry Summer Salad with Strawberries, Jicama and Blueberries…
We love Melissa’s Produce for all of our fresh, organic produce, shipped directly to your home!
- Wash all of your fresh ingredients (strawberries, blueberries, jicama, mint, and cilantro) with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash.
- Chop strawberries and jicama into small, bite-sized cubes and place into large mixing bowl.
- Chop fresh mint, cilantro, and red onion then add to strawberry and jicama mixture. Add blueberries at the end.
- Squeeze lime juice and add salt, to desired taste.
- Mix lightly together and serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve as a side salad to your meal, as a smart snack, or even pair with some Way Better Sprouted Grain Chips as a delicious salsa!
Enjoy & remember to Eat Cleaner, Everyday!
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!