Oh, pumpkin. how I love you, especially this time of year!! You taste amazing in so many different ways, especially with cinnamon!! You make it easy to love you. The secret ingredient!
Makes 8 small pancakes
Holy snap, this makes waking up fun! The combination of pumpkin and ginger is a match made in heaven. You can make the cakes a little thinner with added water or thicker, depending on your taste. The addition of protein powder keeps them macro balanced.
- 1/2 cup canned or aseptic packaged pumpkin
- 4 egg whites (or vegan egg substitute)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk (add a little more if you like thinner pancakes)
- ¼ cup gluten-free gingersnap cookies, crushed coarsely
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup oat or coconut flour
- 2 scoops of your favorite low sugar vanilla protein powder
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat griddle or pan.
2. In a bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
Add wet to dry and whisk together until well blended.
3. Season griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Ladle pancake batter onto griddle and cook until
batter starts to bubble. Flip and cook another minute. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
4. Top with low sugar pumpkin butter or your favorite low sugar syrup.
FOR MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES, GET YOUR FREE COPY OF CHEF MAREYA’S PUMPKIN EBOOK!!