Hot stuff comin’ through! On the REAL Dish, our live Facebook cooking show, we had all kinds of fun spicy with Fuego Box founder Mike McAdams, and here are the yummy results.
These pork tenderloin fajita tacos with quick guac and spicy yogurt sauce are LEGIT. And those cauliflower flatbreads! Forget about tortillas from here on. I’m thinking this would make a great dish for Father’s Day and pretty much every Taco Tuesday from here on out. Get the 411 by watching the replay and grabbing the recipe below.
1 1-lb Pork tenderloin
1/2 cup Nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Bee Local Hot Honey (Fuego Box)
1 tablespoon Paul Prudhomme’s 6-spice seasoning (or your favorite 5 spice)
1 1/2 teaspoon Vesta Dry Hot Sauce (Fuego Box)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
2 cups mixed bell peppers and onions, cut into 1/2” strips, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Vegetable Wash
8 Cauliflower flatbreads (check out the replay on Facebook to get the how-to) or your favorite high quality taco-sized tortilla
2 Avocados, ripe
1 tablespoon Purple Panda Chili Oil (Fuego Box)
1) In a small bowl, combine yogurt, Hot Honey, 6-spice, Vesta Dry Hot Sauce, black pepper and smoked sea salt. Retain 2 tablespoons of sauce for topping tacos.
2) Place tenderloin in a roasting pan. Create small score marks in pork and slather with yogurt sauce. It’s ideal to marinate the pork overnight, at least 2 hours.
3) Preheat oven to 375F. Cook for about 25 minutes or until done. You can also place it on the grill for the last few minutes to give it some nice char marks. Let tenderloin rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into bite sized cubes.
4) Saute mixed bell pepper and onions or also place on grill until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
5) In a separate bowl, combine avocado flesh, smashed with the back of a fork, with Purple Panda Chili Oil and mix well.
6) Assemble tacos by layering 1-2 tablespoons pork and veggies on flatbreads or tortillas. Top with a spoon of guac and reserved yogurt sauce and enjoy!