Check out how to make the Recipe Rehab-winning, decadent, gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free chocolate cupcakes with cauliflower cream cheese frosting patriotic for the Fourth of July holiday this week!!!
1 cup Red Beets, Pureed until smooth (can use canned beets or fresh beets, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash, peeled, boiled until fork tender, then pureed)
1 cup Stevia natural sugar substitute
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (at least 70% cocoa powder)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Cauliflower Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
8 oz. vegan cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cauliflower, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash, steamed then pureed until smooth
1/2 cup Stevia natural sugar substitute
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
Unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
72-84 Fresh blueberries
12 Fresh strawberries, sliced
Don’t forget to wash all of your fresh produce with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash beforehand.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl or stand up mixer, combine beet puree, sugar substitute, almond milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add in egg whites and gently fold in.
3. Add gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, baking soda and salt, and mix until well combined with no visible lumps.
4. Divide mixture evenly into muffin tin, taking care not to overfill. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center clean. Allow to cool on a baking rack.
5. While cupcakes bake, combine frosting ingredients together and beat until smooth and airy. Once cupcakes are completely cooled, smooth frosting over the top.
6. Garnish with 6-7 blueberries and 1 sliced strawberry per cupcake, then sprinkle with shredded unsweetened coconut, if desired.
Enjoy your tasty & patriotic treat and have a Happy Fourth!!
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!