Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast with Lemon Mushroom Labneh sauce
BE THE LIGHT SHINE BRIGHT
Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast with Lemon Mushroom Labneh Sauce
- 2 whole organic boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 cup Cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons non-GMO cornstarch
- 2/3 cup labneh
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper
- Optional: Chopped parsley or arugula
- Butterfly whole chicken breast and cut pieces in half lengthwise. With the flat side of a mallet, pound chicken breast against cutting board until thin, about 1/4” thick. Pieces should be thin enough to roll, and you should end up with 8 pieces total
- Spray chicken breast pieces with Eat Cleaner Seafood + Poultry Wash on both sides.
- Wash all produce with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Veggie Wash. In a small bowl, combine feta, EVOO, fresh dill, lemon juice and black pepper, making a ‘paste’ with the back of your fork. Arrange 1 tablespoon of feta mixture across the first third of each breast piece. Roll and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with each piece.
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large skillet, melt ghee over medium high heat. Saute stuffed breast pieces for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet and place on baking sheet. Cook in oven another 10 minutes while preparing sauce.
- In the meantime, over medium high heat, add onion and sliced cremini mushrooms to pan and saute, 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken broth and cornstarch, whisking constantly until all lumps are removed, and a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Whisk in labneh, Dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice and chopped dill and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Season with a pinch of Himalayan pink salt and a few good grind of freshly ground pepper.
- Arrange stuffed chicken breast on a platter and pour sauce over the top. Finish with lemon zest and optional chopped parsley or arugula.