Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast with Lemon Mushroom Labneh sauce
PLATTER OF SUNSHINE
Mediterranean stuffed chicken breast with lemony mushroom labneh sauce and tri-colored baked garlic fries.
Infinitely blessed when all 7 are in the hizzy!
Cooking for my crew is always an event! For this platter abondanza, we have chicken breast stuffed with feta, dill and fresh lemon juice from my tree, slathered in a yummy sauce made with labneh – a cultured probiotic straIned yogurt that emulates sour cream and is a lovely part of my Middle Eastern heritage. It’s the perfect thickener for the sauce, along with more lemon juice, dill and cremini mushrooms, thickened up with a little non-GMO cornstarch.
The real trick to my sumptuously tender chicken is Eat Cleaner Seafood + Poultry Wash. I’m not even exaggerating, it’s like a miracle worker. Never a dry breast in the house
A crown of hand-cut, tri-color baked garlic fries made with potatoes from @melissasproduce and a nice salad round out the meal beautifully.
The Cleaner Plate Club for real!
Not a speck of food left on the table, and poor garbanzo just had to watch (we take good care of him, don’t you worry)
Want the recipe? Let me know below, and share what your favorite platter for a crowd?
BE THE LIGHT SHINE BRIGHT
Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast with Lemon Mushroom Labneh Sauce
- 2 whole organic boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 cup Cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons non-GMO cornstarch
- 2/3 cup labneh
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper
- Optional: Chopped parsley or arugula
- Butterfly whole chicken breast and cut pieces in half lengthwise. With the flat side of a mallet, pound chicken breast against cutting board until thin, about 1/4” thick. Pieces should be thin enough to roll, and you should end up with 8 pieces total
- Spray chicken breast pieces with Eat Cleaner Seafood + Poultry Wash on both sides.
- Wash all produce with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Veggie Wash. In a small bowl, combine feta, EVOO, fresh dill, lemon juice and black pepper, making a ‘paste’ with the back of your fork. Arrange 1 tablespoon of feta mixture across the first third of each breast piece. Roll and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with each piece.
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large skillet, melt ghee over medium high heat. Saute stuffed breast pieces for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet and place on baking sheet. Cook in oven another 10 minutes while preparing sauce.
- In the meantime, over medium high heat, add onion and sliced cremini mushrooms to pan and saute, 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken broth and cornstarch, whisking constantly until all lumps are removed, and a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Whisk in labneh, Dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice and chopped dill and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Season with a pinch of Himalayan pink salt and a few good grind of freshly ground pepper.
- Arrange stuffed chicken breast on a platter and pour sauce over the top. Finish with lemon zest and optional chopped parsley or arugula.