Oh, pumpkin. how I love you, especially this time of year!! You taste amazing in so many different ways, especially with cinnamon!! You make it easy to love you. The secret ingredient:
Tofu! Mmmmm pie! You won’t even believe there’s no heavy dairy in here, and you definitely won’t taste the tofu. The square cuts make them easy to transport and help with portion control.
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 8 lowfat gluten-free graham crackers
- 1 egg white
- 18 ounces lite extra-firm organic tofu
- 2 cups canned or aseptic-packed pumpkin
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla coconut yogurt
- 2/3 cup Xylitol (or alternative natural sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- To make crust:
- In a food processor, combine graham crackers and oats and process to a fine crumb.
- Add egg whites until well incorporated.
- In a non-stick baking pan, press crumb into bottom and bake for about 8 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven.
- To make filling:
- Drain tofu. place in a food processor and process until smooth
- Add remaining filling ingredients.
- Process until well-blended
- Pour onto crust and bake for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and chill until firm.
- Cut into 2½” squares and top with whipped topping (we love TruWhip or Coconut Whip) and a dusting of cinnamon.