I am obsessive about poached eggs, their shape, their ooze factor. And I’ve seen many a sad poach with their frizzled, stringy edges and overly raw centers (can you say Salmonella?)…
Your avocado toast and Eggs Benedict deserves better!
How about a jacuzzi for your eggs?
You’ll see what I mean.
Here’s your tutorial for perfect poaching. You can sometimes get away with short cutting but why? Why not take the steps to silky golden perfection?
Let me know how you do. ✌🏽
Veggies washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Veggie Wash before eating raw or cooking, always.
Perfectly poached eggs (up to 4)
1. Use fresh eggs
2. Boil 3-4 cups of unsalted water. Once it hits a slow boil, add 2 tablespoons white vinegar or ACV.
3. Crack eggs gently into a strainer with a bowl underneath. Be careful to keep yolks intact. The liquid will run out, the yolk and albumen will stay in the strainer.
4. Using a whisk, create a ‘whirlpool’ effect in the water.
5. Gently unload the egg into the whirlpool. It will fold onto itself and poach beautifully.
6. Repeat for each egg.
7. Cook 1 1/2 minutes for a soft poach, 2 minutes for medium, 3 minutes for hard poach.
Love to try my Poached Egg and Veggie Brekkie Bowl?