It’s National Cabbage Day!! Did you even know that was a thing??!
What a perfect time to share these delicious, easy-to-make, and heart healthy
Grilled Artichoke Hummus Napa Cabbage Wraps!
Cabbage is one of the most commonly found vegetables around the planet. From coleslaws, sauerkraut, kimchi, to rolls, you will find delicious recipes across different cultures. But did you know that it also packs a hefty dose of health benefits? Rich in, cabbage can help improve brain function, digestion while protecting against skin disorders, and heart diseases. It is also a great low-cal option.
Grilled Artichoke Hummus Napa Cabbage Wraps
Makes 2 to 4 Servings
- 8 large napa cabbage leaves
- 1 cup Grilled Artichoke Hummus (see below)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup julienned Persian cucumbers
- The Real Dish Dressing for serving (see below)
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and water and set it nearby. Drop the cabbage leaves into the boiling water, then immediately transfer them to the ice water. Let cook, then drain and blot dry.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the hummus over the lower third of each cabbage leaf, leaving room from the bottom.
- Layer the shredded vegetables on top of the hummus, dividing them evenly among the cabbage leaves.
- Starting from the bottom, roll up the cabbage leaves tightly and secure with a toothpick, if needed.
- Serve with the dressing for dipping.
Grilled Artichoke Hummus
Makes 4 to 6 servings or 1 1/2 cups
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12-ounce) jar grilled artichoke hearts in olive oil, drained, 2 tablespoons oil reserved
- 1/2 up tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of the chickpeas for garnish and put the remaining chickpeas in a food processor. Add the artichoked and 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil from the jar, the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt, cumin, coriander, and 1/4 cup water and pulse until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Garnish with the reserved chickpeas and the parsley. Serve alongside snacking veggies, as a dressing for salads, or as a spread for wraps.
The Real Dish Dressing
Makes 1/4 cup (four 1-tablespoon servings)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons amino acids
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
In a small bowl or jar with a lid, combine all the ingredients and whisk or shake to incorporate. Store in an airtight container (or the jar) in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 10 days.
TIP: Always remember to wash your fresh produce ingredients with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Veggie Wash before using.
FEBRUARY IS AMERICAN HEART MONTH