It’s bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!! Partially an ode to No Doubt. The rest is just pure deliciousness. I promise you, you won’t be tempted by the Starbucks 450 calorie/slice version anymore! This clocks in about 140 calories per 1″ slice.
Here’s the rehab:
– I took the gluten, sugar and dairy out of it – and instead, used a steve/erythritol blend and just natural fruit sugar from bananas, unsweetened apple sauce and unsweetened dark chocolate chips.
-I pulled the butter out and replaced it with 1/3 cup olive oil
-Instead of nuts, I added ground flax meal to up the fiber and EFA quotient. You can add walnuts if you like.
This is especially yummy warm out of the oven.
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour (I like the Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia/xylitol mixture
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup ground flax meal (I like the Linwood’s brand)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (70% or more unsweetened cacao)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dab of raw coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Separately, whisk the eggs, egg whites, mashed bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil, chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix into dry ingredients just until cohesive mixture is achieved.
3. Grease a large loaf pan with raw coconut oil. Pour banana bread mixture in and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Slice into 1″ pieces and store wrapped in wax or parchment paper to keep moist. Serve warm for ultra yumminess
Don’t forget to leave a COMMENT and let us know what you think.