This mac & cheese gets an overhaul with Chickpea pasta, collard green pesto and just a little shaving of Parmigiano Reggiano on top and the use of veggie stock to cut down on oil. Flavor is on point! The addition of the collard greens and lemon makes the flavor profile of this dish so much more interesting.
Just make sure you wash those greens really well with Eat Cleaner, cuz leafy greens are the number one cause of foodborne illness. Want the recipe? Well here you go! You’re welcome!
Does your food bring you J????Y?
Get the Recipe Below >>
Collard greens pesto
- 1 Cup, packed, collard greens, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 Cup, packed fresh basil, stems removed
- 1/2 Cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- Teaspoon grated zest
- 1/4 C EVOO
- 1/2 C low sodium veggie broth
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash all vegetables and herbs with Eat Cleaner® Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash.
- In a food processor, add collard greens, basil, cheese, lemon and olive oil; pulse all of the ingredients together.
- Add vegetable stock, herbs, garlic and seasonings; adjust to taste.
- Double the batch and freeze for a rainy day.