Creamy, crunchy and nutrient-packed, this mac and cheese tastes like an indulgence but it’s clean and absolutely addictive! Make it today and watch your family go crazy for it.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, washed with eatCleaner
- 2 tbsp avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened oat milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews, soaked for at least an hour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch paprika
- 1 lb gluten-free or high protein macaroni elbow noodles
- 1/3 cup gluten free pretzels, smashed with a mallet
- 1/2 cup dairy-free Parmesan or shredded mozzarella
- organic Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a large pot, bring salted water to a full bowl and cook macaroni until al dente (firm to the bite) and steam cauliflower in a steamer basket while macaroni cooks.
- In a high power blender, add oil, shallot, garlic, milk, nutritional yeast, sea salt, turmeric, cashews, pepper and paprika and process until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add steamed cauliflower and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Oil a large baking dish and add cooked macaroni. Toss well with cauliflower cashew puree so all noodles are well-coated. Top mixture with smashed pretzels and finish with shredded cheese; spray top with non-stick cooking spray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until nicely browned on top. Best served hot out of the oven!