Don’t you want to scratch and sniff the screen right now?? If you could, you’d smell cinnamon, ginger, apple, and the earthiness of the toasted oats! PLUS, it’s vegan, gluten-free, keto friendly, and no sugar added!!
Chef Mareya’s Apple Oatmeal Crumb Pie with Whipped Topping
- 1 TBSP Earth Balance butter substitute
- 6 cups tart baking apples, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TSP cinnamon powder
- 1 TSP ginger powder
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 8 low fat graham crackers
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1/8 TSP salt
- 2 TSP cold Earth Balance butter, cut into bits
- Nonfat whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a food processor, process the oats and graham crackers until finely ground. Add egg white and process until blended.
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and press the crumb mixture evenly into the pie pan to make the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 T Earth Balance. Add apples, raisins and brown sugar and allow to cook, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and ginger and remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla and corn starch and spoon into crust.
Oatmeal Crumb Topping:
- In a small bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, salt and Earth Balance and use hands to create crumb texture.
- Top pie filling. No top crust is needed.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Crumble should be golden brown.
- Top with non fat whipped cream and dusting of cinnamon.