Clean eating is one of the biggest goals people make for themselves all throughout the year. Generally January 1st is the big kickoff, but it seems like it’s always a constant thing people say. One misconception is the fact that you need to starve or deprive yourself while on the Clean Eating Bandwagon. Well good news, I’m here to share with you that this is UNTRUE 🙂
Why Deprivation is Harmful
What happens when you tell yourself you’re not allowed to eat any more of a certain food? Well, I don’t know about you, but the only thing I’m able to think about eating is that one food that I’ve banned from myself.
So How Is it Possible to Eat Clean and Enjoy the Foods You Love?
Looking through my recipe vault you’ll see that I love to bake cupcakes, brownies, enjoy tacos and mix up some yummy alcoholic drinks. I don’t deprive myself of these delicious treats and you shouldn’t too. So how do I find a healthy balance? It’s easy, and the proof is in the pudding. Switch out ingredients for healthier options. Here are some examples:
- Swap veggies for fat. Yep, you heard that right! 1 cup of Red Beets, pureed until smooth will not only add moisture but also a secret veggie boost to your baking. Voila!
- Use Stevia or Monk Fruit Extract as an all natural sugar substitute and ditch the sugar.
- Use egg whites instead of whole eggs and you’ll lose about 60 calories and six grams of fat.
- Use dark chocolate chips (with at least 70% cocoa powder) for a delicious sweet taste and antioxidant boost.
So as you make your goals to clean eating, remember that it doesn’t have to be boring. You don’t have to miss out on all your favorites. Allow yourself to be flexible. There will be some occasions where you will want to indulge more, and that is just fine.
You guys!! I'm so excited to kick off our FIRST Challenge of 2017. My 14 Day Clean Eating Reset starts 1/14. And it's Free. ✨If you're looking for more energy, vitality, better mood, more productivity, better focus and even better bom chicka wa wa, this is for you. ?because no matter how hard you work at the gym, you can never out train a bad diet.✨You'll get my formula – tips, hacks and recipes – everything that has changed the lives of thousands of people for good.✨But this isn't just about food, it is about living your best freaking life. ✨Tag your friends and let's do this together, and make 2017 the year that SHIFT happens. Sign up at the link below TODAY and start off on the right fork.✨http://bit.ly/2i3F3pT#cleaneating #challenge #eatclean #healthy #goals #2017resolution
Posted by Eat Cleaner with Chef Mareya on Sunday, January 8, 2017
And if you’re ready, you can jump into our Eat Cleaner Meal Prep Club for only $39 (value of $279). You can click HERE to join. This is the only chef-driven, registered dietician-created program with proven success to help you eat your way to your best health. It boosts your metabolism, it gives you a plan that takes the guesswork out, and it gives you the confidence you need to make balanced meals. Each meal is simple and easy to make, so you can focus on what’s important – being with the people you love, doing the things you love. Come join the Club, The 12 week program provides you with:
· A weekly calendar with 5 meals per day; 3 meals and 2 snacks
· Delicious seasonal recipes that you can make in 20 minutes or less
· Nutrition information for each dish
· A shopping list that you can easily scale for the number of people
· Shopping list with easy links to order online
· Invitation to our private Cleaner Plate Club Facebook group to answer your questions and provide additional support
· Invitation to our monthly webinars
· Access to our cooking video library and resources
· Macronutrient nutrition information calculating the right proportion of fat, carbohydrates and protein, low sugar and sodium and easy-to-make, fit foodie recipes.
And to love and leave you on a sweet note, here’s our Madagascar Vanilla Chia Pudding which happens to be paleo, vegan and clean….Enjoy!